Forest Ridge is a family owned and operated landscape design, installation and maintenance company. We work on a variety of contracts throughout GTA and surrounding areas, with commercial and residential landscaping projects including hardscaping, soft scaping, grading, retaining walls, planting, sodding. Year round work available, in the winter maintenance operations.
Why work for us?
- Secure, year-round opportunities available
- Opportunity to develop and refine your skills
- Supportive, team-based approach to reaching work goals
- Competitive wages with an abundance of hours
- Benefits plan for full-time employees
- Landscape Ontario Member in good standing
- COR Registered https://www.ihsa.ca/cor/FAQs-About-COR.aspx
- Fun Activities: Staff BBQ’s & Team Building
If you’re a hard-working, responsible, motivated individual interested in excellence, we have an opportunity for you!
Our ideal candidates possess all or most of the following:
- Excellence in supervision with the ability to lead teams to success
- Knowledge and understanding with building codes and municipal by-laws as relevant to site location
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret landscape drawings and plans
- Working knowledge/proficiency with landscape construction and horticultural materials (incl. operation of equipment)
- Experience with carpentry for the completion of concrete forms, fences, decks, pergolas, arbors, etc.
- Experience with natural and manmade stone for the completion of walkways, patio’s, pool surrounds, etc.
- Strong Safety focus, familiarity with Health and Safety initiatives
- Effective planning, scheduling, productivity, costing, time management and record keeping skills
- Engagement in mentorship, training, and coaching opportunities
- Willingness to work extended hours/Saturdays
- Preference for candidates with certification in First Aid, Basics of Supervision, Construction Health and Safety, Hazard and Risk Management, etc.
- 5-10 years of previous Landscape Foreperson experience
- Reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, clean abstract (G/D/A/Z license as well as previous truck/trailer experience a definite asset)
- Clear written and oral communication skills