Forest Ridge is a family owned and operated landscape design, installation and maintenance company. We work on a variety of contracts throughout GTA and surrounding areas, with municipal and commercial winter maintenance operations. Year round work available with commercial and residential landscaping projects including hardscaping, soft scaping, grading, retaining walls, planting, sodding.
Why work for us?
- Secure, year-round opportunities available
- Opportunity to develop and refine your skills
- Supportive, team-based approach to reaching work goals
- Competitive wages with an abundance of hours
- Benefits plan for full-time employees
- Landscape Ontario Member in good standing
- COR Registered https://www.ihsa.ca/cor/FAQs-About-COR.aspx
- Fun Activities: Staff BBQ’s & Team Building
If you’re a hard-working, responsible, motivated individual interested in excellence, we have an opportunity for you!
You will be assisting the site foreman and lead hands with the day to day execution of the job, ensure adherence to the project timelines and specifications. Inthe winter, we work on snow removal contracts.
The ideal candidate will possess all or most of the following:
- Working knowledge/proficiency with landscape construction and horticultural materials (incl. operation of equipment)
- Transport materials using shovels, wheelbarrows, dollies, and manual lifting of 50lbs
- Other manual duties as required
- Compliance with all company policies and regulations as well as safety programs (any previous certificates ie. First Aid considered an asset)
- Demonstrated ability to accurately complete forms, hand in documents in a timely fashion
- Willingness to work as part of a team, working extended hours/weekends as necessary
- Experience in similar role an asset
- Winter maintenance experience an asset
- Clear oral communication skills
- Valid driver’s license in good standing, as well as clean abstract (D/A/Z license as well as previous truck/trailer experience a definite asset)
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; bending, crouching, kneeling; Ability to maintain tight deadline