HOPE ACRES TREATMENT CENTRE offers up to six months of residential treatment for men with complex addiction and concurrent disorders through a holistic program that addresses the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of each client.
- Dispenses medications to clients (or to floor staff for distribution to clients as applicable)
- Reviews physicians’ orders; arranges for treatments, medications and other therapeutic services as needed.
- Maintains unit records and clients’ charts according to established facility guidelines, and provide statistics and data for client care.
- Distribute and administer nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) – if/when necessary
- Evaluates clients’ care needs by assessing residents on admission, and on an ongoing basis.
- Evaluates care plans, judges appropriateness/effectiveness, and makes changes when necessary in consultation with the Program Coordinator.
- Collaborates with other members of the treatment team on client care needs
- Facilitates educational groups to clients on health-related topics
- Supports individual clients on issues relating to health promotion, medication and symptom management, and other health related subjects.
- Carries out interventions in the care plan, and administers direct nursing care.
- Carries out nursing procedures in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario Standards.
- Provides training to staff on health, infection control and medication related subjects.
- Follows MOH standards
- Adheres to Toronto Harbour Light Ministries Policies & Procedures
- BScN or an equivalent combination of training and experience (Degree or diploma in one of the human services professions)
- Experience and education in substance use, addiction, and mental health issues is preferred.
- Education, experience or equivalent in working with marginalized clients dealing with addictions, mental health, homelessness
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current certification in CPR and Certification in Infection Control (CIC) an asset.
- Knowledge and familiarity with computer operations and software applications, including client records, and staff scheduling.
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary, client-centered approach to care.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Crisis/Conflict Management Skills
- Diversity awareness and appreciation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- current Police Check and Vulnerability Check
- Own vehicle or reliable transportation. No public transit.
Please Note: This is a full time position
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Drivers Licence, Access to a Vehicle, Certificates / Designations
Jun 21, 2019
Days of the week
Monday to Friday
How to Apply