Location: 36 Yonge Street, Alliston, ON
Position: Key holder
Status: Permanent, Part-time (12 - 25 hours per week)
Must be available to work a flexible schedule that includes mornings, days, evenings and weekends, Monday through Sunday.
A Key Holder assists the Supervisor and Manager in all aspects of the day-to-day running of the business specifically as it pertains to opening and closing of the store to Company standards and delegation of the daily staff duties. The Key Holder provides updates to the Supervisor and Manager as to the success of the opening and closing of the store to the defined checklist and Company Standards on a daily basis, and reports any issues upon occurrence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for opening and closing the store on time; including arming and disarming store alarms.
- Accountable for counting and balancing tills and float at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Conduct daily safe audits.
- Operate the cash register and POS system, administering Supervisor POS functions, as required.
- Manage transactions and the cash register with honesty and integrity.
- Work with store team to restock store shelves, barrels, tubs, pails, and displays.
- Facilitate and assist with receiving Warehouse and DSD orders, including tracking the expiry dates of received items.
- Prepare and deliver the daily deposit to the nearest TD Bank.
- Submit daily paperwork to Corporate Office.
- Work together with staff to execute daily duties as required by the Manager and Supervisor and report issues to the Supervisor and Manager upon occurrence.
- Assign staff break times in compliance with Company Policy.
- Delegate tasks amongst employees, as required.
- Maintain a healthy and safe working environment.
- Assist customers in a manner that exceeds customer expectations.
- Work with staff to ensure the store is kept clean at all times by adhering and executing tasks on all cleaning schedules; including, but not limited to floors, barrels, fixtures, windows, utensils, bathrooms, store exterior, and store interior.
- Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as required.
If you meet these requirements, are available to work a flexible schedule that includes early mornings, days and evenings, Monday through Sunday, and seek a challenging position, please respond to this job posting and attach your resume.
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. Accommodation is available, if requested.