SUMMARY OF DUTIES FOOD SERVICES – KITCHEN HELPER
- Prepares, presents, and delivers food products and services to clients in a dining room such as box lunches, sandwich bars or take-out services and on occasion provides table service.
- Participates in catered functions and events as required during regular working hours.
- Cleans, operates and maintains food services facilities, fixed and portable equipment such as dishwasher, meat slicer, coffee pots, pots and pans and associated tools and utensils.
- Cleans and maintains facility, including mopping and polishing of floors and cleaning of dining room furniture.
- Assists in storing and distributing food service supplies to the appropriate area of the kitchen and/or dining facility. This includes the weighing, portioning, packaging and labelling of products and ingredients.
Position Title: Kitchen Helper
Education: Must be able to provide High School Diploma/Transcript or Post-Secondary Diploma/Transcript.
Official Language Proficiency: English Essential
Conditions of Employment
- Reliability Security Clearance
- Must wear approved safety footwear and other personal protective equipment as required
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 20 kgs in accordance with general safety regulations
- Must be willing to work shift work, days and weekends
- Must be willing to work overtime occasionally
Candidates must meet and maintain the above Conditions of Employment throughout their employment.
Casual “As Required” – 90 day contract
Early Shift 5:30 am – 2:00 pm
Straight Shift 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
Late Shift 10:30 am – 7:00 pm
Salary Range $18.62 - $20.26