The Leasing Specialist thrives in a fast-paced environment and possesses strong negotiation and communication skills. They are primarily responsible for leasing units and maintaining occupancy in a portfolio of multi-residential apartments.
You will report to the Residential Property Manager and work in close co-operation with the Property Administrators and Operational Staff. Head office is located in Markham, Ontario. Your work location will vary, according to where we are leasing. These areas will include, amongst others, Dundalk, Cameron, Lindsay, Markham, etc..
The duties, include, but are not limited to:
Data and Relationship Management:
- Provide detailed information about vacant suites to prospective residents.
- Respond to rental inquiries by phone and e-mail in a timely, pleasant and informative way.
- Schedule appointments with prospective residents, build a relationship and show vacant suites.
- Complete guest cards and daily traffic report. Provide a weekly summary to Property Manager,
- Promote resident retention by communicating effectively with existing residents and ensure, in close cooperation within the Property Management team, that resident issues are dealt with.
- Maintain a working knowledge of competitive buildings and conduct regular market surveys of these properties.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on rental rates, promotions and overall market conditions with a view to maximizing revenue at the property
Leasing and Lease Administration:
- Maintain the customer database and ensure that all leads are responded to, and all traffic documented appropriately
- Provide prospective residents with the rental application form or, with the online instructions to complete the rental application
- Building rapport with potential leads and current tenants
- Schedule Tenancy Agreement signing appointment with resident(s) and have Tenancy Agreement signed by all relevant parties
- Record all leased units, including vacate date, date leased and move in date
Additional job tasks, helping with/supporting the following:
- Marketing – Social Media (pictures, video, copy), Print Media (brochures, newsletters, ads, posters), In Person (trade shows, fairs, community events)
- Promote a positive brand experience in established and new markets
- Events – Open Houses, Grand Openings, Holiday Parties, tenant social events
- Property Administration support – leasing documents, rent payments, maintenance requests, unit inspections, unit turn over;
- Provide tours, data tracking, phone and email communication, paperwork
- Other administrative tasks - filing, faxing, copying, etc.
- Flexible with work locations and travel required at times
- Be willing to work irregular hours, including evening and weekends
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Learning and growth mindset, problem solver with creative thinking
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act
- Tech savvy and adaptable to new software, social media platforms, etc
- People person with an engaging personality, kind and outgoing
- Experience with sales/leasing – real estate experience helpful
- Required: Two years customer-service/sales experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Preferred: Residential property management experience.
- Preferred: Experience with a property management software
- Actively supports our values of: Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Trust
- Utilizing effective leasing/sales strategies
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player, works well with others.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Good multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Portray professional image.
- High stress tolerance.
- Minimum: Secondary School Completion
- Preference: College Degree.
- Requirements: Must speak, read and write English fluently.
- A job where no two days are going to be the same
- Ability to work with a supportive environment
- Health/Medical Benefits, Salary and Commission structure
- Team environment where we work together, not competing against each other
- Advancement opportunities and willingness to cross train in other areas of our business