HJV is seeking an HR Coordinator in our Alliston store. This role is a full time, permanent position working Monday to Fridays. The position will report to the HR Director and also provide assistance to the Admin team, and Payroll and Benefits specialist.
Point of contact for HJV employees both in Canada and US for HR related questions. Involved with various HR processes and special projects including:
- Develop and maintain HR related reports, spreadsheets, documentation, databases, org charts etc.
- Assists with recruitment, onboarding, succession planning and performance management
- Maintains accessible and up-to-date information and forms, including the employee handbook and Dropbox
- Assist with and supports the Health and Safety Program
- Involved with the apprenticeship program, coop programs and processes
- Attends and coordinates career fairs, student visits etc.
- Assist with training surveys, scheduling, sourcing courses, reporting
- Coordinate travel and meeting/training events and conferences
- Develop communication materials (social media, internal communications, intranet etc.)
- Assists with social event planning and coordination for all stores
- Keeps abreast of legislative change and HR best practices and provides recommendations
- Other HR related duties and projects
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational ability, ability to manage multiple tasks and timelines
- Excellent customer service skills and strong spirit to serve
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Breadth of HR knowledge
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Exposure to, or interest in learning the agricultural industry
This is an entry level position.