HJV Equipment is a growing agricultural equipment distributor. Our vision is twofold and integrated: to become the premier specialized agricultural equipment distributor in the world, and to successfully train and develop our employees; enhancing their lives by providing them a rewarding and challenging work environment.
We have an opening for a full time, permanent Lead Installer/Assembler based out of our Alliston store, in our HJV Engineering Department.
The Lead Installer is responsible for the assembly and installation of specialized vegetable equipment product lines for the HJV Engineering business.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assembles and fabricates mechanical parts to meet required specifications
- Reads, interprets and follows basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products
- Oversees the installation and commissioning of the equipment, in accordance with customer standards and requirements
- Perform quality work checks to insure the product meets quality standards
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified
- Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes
- Performs preventative maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment
- Responsible for trouble shooting, calibration and repair of equipment, including electrical trouble shooting
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
- Liaises with and delivers equipment specific training to customers
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong knowledge of and experience with specialized vegetable processing equipment is an asset
- Manual dexterity, high attention to details performing work accurately and thoroughly
- Strong problem solving skills, related to troubleshooting equipment issues
- Ability to work independently, to adapt to changing priorities and working conditions
- Strong customer service skills and sense of urgency when servicing customer requirements
- Organization, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills
- Must be able to travel for periods of time to customer sites
- Valid driver’s license and clean abstract
- Forklift certification
- Ability to work overtime as required
To apply for this role, please forward your resume to Linda at email@example.com.