IS2 Workforce Solutions is recruiting a Purchasing Manager in Penetanguishene!
Pay Rate: Based on experience and education
Shift: Day shift
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervising a team of employees to establish a vendor base to support production and program procurements
- Lead, manage, support and provide direction by setting goals/objectives, monitoring performances, communication and executing on the job training.
- Develop and execute strategic plan annually
- Manage data related to the overall effectiveness of the department by bench marking and analysing trends
- Facilitate department meetings monthly
- Manage department budget preparation
- Negotiate production and purchase contracts
- Coordinate supplier assistance required for application of any new and improved material and processes in accordance to SDE/AQE activities
- Visit vendors to inspect facilities, capacity and ability to meet quality, delivery, specification and economic objectives
- Daily tracking, reporting and record maintenance
- Review, adhere and implement health and safety policies and procedures
- Overtime and travel may be required
- Perform other duties as required
- Experience working within a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Post-secondary Degree/Diploma in a related field or at minimum 5 years industrial purchasing experience
- Professional Management Associate Canada Accreditation preferred
- Good verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational and multitasking skills
Apply today by submitting your resume or contact IS2 in Barrie today; 705-735-1515. Only those who qualify will be contacted.