The Town of New Tecumseth is seeking an organized, experienced individual with a positive attitude and excellent people skills to join our team. Reporting to the Manager of Operations - Roads and Fleet, this position will perform the tasks associated with the day to day delivery of activities of the Roads business unit, including but not limited to: directing and supervising the work activities of the Business Unit staff in all aspects of Transportation Network Maintenance or Environmental Services Maintenance, and Winter Control in urban and rural settings; acting as a liaison with agencies and other governing bodies for Town related operations; aiding in the preparation and enforcing tender/contract documents; preparing and directing work in a cost efficient, safe manner within the confines of the Capital and Operating Budgets. This position entails both field and office work.
- Requires successful completion of Grade 12 high school diploma and Certified Roads Supervisor (CRS) designation or Certified Technologist/Technician designation through the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) with the willingness and ability to obtain a CRS. Preference in the environmental field.
- 4 - 5 years of experience in a Municipal Public Works environment, with at least 1 year in a supervisory position.
- Demonstrated project management experience. Working knowledge of and competency in Preventative Maintenance Management, Asset Management Systems, Financial Systems including operating budget forecasting and tracking and AVL/GPS telematic systems.
- Technical knowledge of right-away-maintenance, traffic flow and roadway safety and forestry including road maintenance, sidewalks, bridges and culverts, storm sewers, roadside ditches, winter control, storm water management, traffic signal operation and maintenance, roadway safety signage and markings, street lighting, tree planting and maintenance.
- Strong computer skills required for word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and basic digital mapping.
- Thorough working knowledge of applicable legislation including Highway Traffic Act, Municipal Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Municipal Drainage Act, Environmental Protection Act, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Commercial Vehicle Operators Regulations, Technical Standards and Safety Authority, Federal Fisheries Act, Ontario Water Resources Act, Environmental Compliance Approvals as it relates to storm water treatment and discharge, Ontario Provincial Standards for Roads and Public Works (OPS) and any other relevant legislation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to liaise with the public and politicians, astute in dealing with staff, contractors and vendors.
- Experience supervising employees with a demonstrated ability to foster and maintain good working relationships.
- Must meet the requirements of a Competent Person as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Class “DZ” Driver’s Licence in good standing is required.
Drivers Licence, Ability To Travel, Certificates / Designations
Mar 26, 2018
Wage / Salary
$71,970.08 - $89,835.20
Days of the week
40 hours per week- Monday to Friday
How to Apply