Each and every day 11,000 Sienna Senior Living team members wake up with a common sense of purpose: to enrich the lives of residents, a desire that in turn enriches their own lives. Our team members know they’ve made a difference at the end of each day; they know their actions have helped others feel better than they thought possible.
The Personal Support Worker provides for the individual needs of the residents according to established resident care plan, all components of activities of daily living and supporting participation in recreational and therapeutic activities.
- Promotes the provision of resident focused care in accordance with the organization policies, physician’s orders, resident plan of care, resident bill of rights and related philosophies.
- Provides care and services to the residents with respect to their senses, communication, activities of daily living and personal life style choices.
- Observes, reports, records resident conditions and follows care plans as directed by the Registered Nurse and/or Registered Practical Nurse.
- Participates and contributes in all aspects of quality, risk, records and infection control measures and/or programs.
- Deals tactfully and courteously with residents, resident’s family, visitors and staff in a positive manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a Personal Support Worker certificate from an approved college or private institution meeting the standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, National Association of Career Colleges, or Ontario Community Support Association
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification (BCLS).
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering simple treatment and related bedside care to resident.
- Demonstrated experience in a long-term care setting is preferred.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills required.
Other Mandatory Requirements:
Successful Pre-Employment Medical Negative TB Testing results within the last six months. Candidates must also have a current original and acceptable Vulnerable Sector Screen/Criminal Record Check no older than six months.