Each and every day 11,000 Sienna Senior Living team members wake up with a common sense of purpose: to enrich the lives of residents, a desire that in turn enriches their own lives. Our team members know they’ve made a difference at the end of each day; they know their actions have helped others feel better than they thought possible.
The Housekeeping Aide performs general housekeeping activities within the established guidelines related to health and safety, infection control, quality management and the organization standards.
- Ensures the daily neatness and cleanliness of residents' rooms, offices and common areas including, but not limited to, rooms and equipment including: furniture, closets, windows, walls, floors, shower and tub rooms, washrooms, reception area, break rooms, etc.
- Clean, sanitizes, and perform duties, including, but not limited to: routine, deep, terminal and discharge cleaning, floor cleaning and maintenance, and waste management according to schedules.
- Maintains a clean, safe environment for residents utilizing infection control principles.
- Checks that supplies are adequate in housekeeping and equipment is in proper working order before commencing daily routine.
- carry out duties in a positive and professional manner within a multidisciplinary team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Secondary school graduate or approved equivalent.
- Knowledge related to infection control, cleaning practices, housekeeping operations and equipment.
- Previous experience in Institutional Cleaning/Laundry in a long term care setting is desirable.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must have effective verbal and written English communication skills.
Other Mandatory Requirements:
Successful Pre-Employment Medical Negative TB Testing results within the last six months. Candidates must also have a current original and acceptable Vulnerable Sector Screen/Criminal Record Check no older than six months.