Each and every day 11,000 Sienna Senior Living team members wake up with a common sense of purpose: to enrich the lives of residents, a desire that in turn enriches their own lives. Our team members know they’ve made a difference at the end of each day; they know their actions have helped others feel better than they thought possible.
The Laundry Aide performs general cleaning activities within the established guidelines for health and safety, infection control and quality management.
- Provides clothing and linen support services by ensuring collection, distribution, processing and inventory of linens and personal clothing by sorting linens, loading and unloading washers and dryers, operating label equipment, ironing and mending as required, folding, sorting and loading linen and clothing onto carts for distribution and delivery, audits linen for labels and repairs, discards and records inappropriate inventory when necessary.
- Able to maintain high sanitation standards, a clean and tidy work area and equipment applying appropriate infection control protocols as required, follows cleaning schedules and routines for the department and ensures the proper care and economical use of resources.
- Observes operation of machines and reports malfunctioning to Manager. Assists in maintaining laundry facilities, equipment and supplies. Completes cleaning duties as outlined in the laundry room area.
- Maintains a clean, safe environment for residents utilizing infection control principles.
- Supports and participates in quality initiatives by providing input and suggestions for improvement, reporting feedback to immediate supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Secondary school graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge related to infection control, cleaning practices, housekeeping operations and equipment.
- Previous experience in Institutional Cleaning/Laundry in a long term care setting is desirable.
- Ability to work independently or as a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and residents.
Other Mandatory Requirements:
Successful Pre-Employment Medical Negative TB Testing results within the last six months. Candidates must also have a current original and acceptable Vulnerable Sector Screen/Criminal Record Check no older than six months.