Each and every day 11,000 Sienna Senior Living team members wake up with a common sense of purpose: to enrich the lives of residents, a desire that in turn enriches their own lives. Our team members know they’ve made a difference at the end of each day; they know their actions have helped others feel better than they thought possible.
The Housekeeping Aide performs general housekeeping activities within the established guidelines related to health and safety, infection control, quality management and the organization standards.
- Follows proper food handling techniques. Dates, labels, and stores food properly. Keeps work area clean and uncluttered, and completes scheduled cleaning duties. Maintains cleanliness of floors in the food preparation, dish room, and storage areas.
- Assists in the preparation of meals, serving meals and beverages, following residents' diets and food preferences, using proper portion sizes.
- Taking orders for the first and second menu choices from residents (by resident name and preference selection, following likes and dislikes).
- Assists in serving meals and beverages, following residents' diets and food preferences, using proper portion sizes.
- Setting and clearing tables in the dining room and washing/sanitizing tables, chairs, serveries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have completed or be enrolled in a Food Service Worker program from a recognized college as defined by the Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology, or a registered private career college in Ontario.
- Must maintain a current Food Handler's Certificate.
- Must be familiar with the correct procedure for service and handling of food.
- Ability to operate institutional cooking equipment, for example, dishwasher, conveyor toaster, and meat-slicer.
- Must have effective verbal and written English communication skills.
Other Mandatory Requirements:
Successful Pre-Employment Medical Negative TB Testing results within the last six months. Candidates must also have a current original and acceptable Vulnerable Sector Screen/Criminal Record Check no older than six months