F & P Mfg., Inc., offers an exciting and rewarding career opportunity in a fast paced, highly automated, state-of-the-art automotive parts manufacturing facility located in Tottenham, located 40 minutes north of the Toronto airport.
F & P Mfg., Inc., is a tier one automotive parts supplier producing suspension components and pedal assemblies for Honda. We are a complete manufacturing facility and have been stamping, welding, painting and assembling parts for 30 years. We have 900 associates working at our 2 on site manufacturing plants.
Position Summary: Responsible for assisting in the management of the day to day operations of the Health and Safety Department including first aid treatment of associates, workers compensation administration, safety training, etc. Responsible for associate overall safety and well-being through training and coaching of managers and supervisors.
- Ensures company is following all applicable safety regulations and creates and updates company safety policies and procedures.
- Manages administration of first aid treatment for injuries or care for personal associate illnesses.
- Oversees administration of Workplace Safety and Insurance Board paperwork and works closely with health care providers to ensure associate recovery and minimize company cost and exposure.
- Prepares and conducts safety training.
- Serves as a management member of the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Serves a leadership role in emergency situations including, fire, severe weather, chemical spills, accidents, etc.
- Accident investigations and interviewing of associates regarding safety incidents and issues.
- Makes regular plant tours to ensure safety of all equipment, processes, etc.
- Medical contact for the Emergency Response Team.
- Conducts Safety Stats meetings with the management team.
- Responsible for medical aspect of short term and long term disability.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Post secondary training in related field.
- Must have a current Certificate of Competence
- Good understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, especially Industrial Establishment requirements
- Familiar with Workplace Safety and Insurance Board claims management processes
- Experience with Short Term and Long Term Disability claims management
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Able to work independently or in a team
- Must be able to accommodate flexible hours
- Able to multi- task
- Attention to detail
- Eagerness to learn
- Must maintain highest level of confidentiality
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package including incentive bonus, paid overtime, complete medical, dental, prescription and drug programs, and a company paid pension plan worth 5% of base salary. If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit your resume and diploma or official transcript via email.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities.