Reporting to the Manager, Operations - Roads and Fleet, this position directs and supervises the work activities of the Fleet business unit to ensure the efficient repairs, maintenance, refurbishing and acquisition of the Town’s fleet vehicles, and off-road and specialized equipment, based on quality standards and operating instructions and within allocated resources.
- Must have Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- Completion of a recognized Fleet Management program at a Community College or Fleet Association
- 4-5 years related experience with at least one year supervisory experience, preferably in a municipal environment
- Truck and Coach Mechanic License (310T) and Automotive Technician License (310S)
- Sound knowledge of garage maintenance practices, preventative maintenance theory, applicable legislation, industry standards, and fleet management practices, processes and administration.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable legislation such as the Highway Traffic Act, Motor Vehicle Inspection Station License, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Commercial Vehicle Operator.
- Computer operating skills required for word processing and spreadsheets. Working knowledge and competency in Preventative Maintenance Management, Asset Management Systems, Fuel Management Systems, and Diagnostic Systems.
- Must meet the definition of a competent person as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Oversees maintenance of Town’s fleet and fuel management system.
- Recruitment, performance management, and training.
- Policy and procedure development.
- Determines feasibility of repairs and prepares reports with recommendations.
- Oversees and ensures all vehicles are carrying proper documentation required by legislation.
- Prepares lifecycle costing statistics and assists with budgeting.
The successful candidate must have the ability to align with established goals and objectives and is able to create/follow plans and processes accordingly to deliver task and goal completion to a high standard. The Town of New Tecumseth values progressive ideas and actions; the successful candidate will have proven ability to embrace change, be resourceful and to seek new ideas and creativity to maximize effectiveness to provide high quality citizen-centred services to our community.
SALARY RANGE: $71,970 to $89,835
Please submit your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:30 pm on July 24, 2018
Please quote job #2018-63 in the subject line of your email.
We thank you for your interest, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Town of New Tecumseth is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Drivers Licence, Ability To Travel, Specific Work Attire, Certificates / Designations
Aug 13, 2018
Wage / Salary
71970 - 89835
Days of the week
5 days a week - 40 hours per week
How to Apply