Quality Leader - Manufacturing
Phoenix Quality has openings for Quality Assurance Leaders in Alliston,ON.
We are rapidly growing and we are looking for applicants who are hardworking, driven, and eager to learn and grow within the industry!
The Quality Leader is responsible for identifying, correcting, and documenting potential environmental and safety problems. They are to ensure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements, that associates are properly trained on the jobs they are working and are to monitor corrective and continuous improvements on site.
Phoenix Quality is a leading provider of quality inspection solutions with over 10 years of experience, and operations spanning Mexico, Asia, USA and Canada. We've proudly certified millions of parts and work to ensure our clients reduce or eliminate the need for third party inspection, sorting and containment.
What we offer:
- • Health and dental benefit package
- • Full time, permanent employment
- • Attendance and work boot incentive
- • Referral bonus after 90 days.
- • College or Bachelors Degree in related field or 2-3 years related work experience.
- • Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and databases.
- • Knowledge of tools, concepts, and methodologies of Quality Assurance.
- • Valid Class G Driver’s License.
- • Demonstrated flexibility within a fast-paced challenging environment..
- • Previous supervisory experience, with an ability to train others and learn new skills
- • Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements.
- • Leadership ability and team building skills.
- • Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- • Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- • Well-developed problem-solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- • Knowledge of Mobile or Tablet technology.
Job Description for a Phoenix Quality Leader:
- • Supervise, coordinate and schedule the activities of workers.
- • Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy.
- • Identify, investigate, correct and document potential environmental and safety problems.
- • Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
- • Evaluate adequacy of quality assurance standards.
- • Supervise, review and update various customer specific smart sheet entries for inspections, failures, and reject management.
- • Review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems. • Plan, conduct and monitor inspection processes to established operational standards.
- • Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues.
- • Investigate internal quality issues and non-conformance issues.
- • Collect and compile statistical quality data.
- • Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system. • Develop, recommend and monitor corrective actions.
- • Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities.
- • Monitor risk management activities safety and ergonomic assessments.
- • Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements.
- • Ensure team members are following Phoenix and customers Health & Safety Practices/Policies.
- • Ensure team members are following the Phoenix code of conduct.
- • Supervise and assist as required to create work instructions.
- • Supervise and assist as required in issuing signed Customer Contact Reports for revisions and process changes.
- • Complete other duties and projects as assigned. Operation Standard Writing (Visual and verbal writing skills critical)
The pay rate for this position is $20.75/hr
To Apply: Email: email@example.com Website: www.phoenixquality.com/careers
We thank all applicants, but advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Phoenix Quality will provide accommodation, accessible formats, and communication supports for the interview upon request