We pride ourselves on offering our employees a job like no other, and a work environment they can't find anywhere else. Here's the proof:
What do A&W employees say? They really like A&W because it's a friendly place to work and has a great team atmosphere. Our working environment is based on respect and listening. Everyone's efforts and results are recognized and celebrated.
A&W Restaurants offer flexible working schedules. We have an award-winning training program to prepare you to succeed. You'll learn important skills like customer service, working on a team, food safety and safely operating kitchen equipment.
We also provide opportunities for advancement for those who want to become trainers, supervisors and managers. We take pride in creating opportunities and encouraging you to grow, learn and succeed.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Serves customer of fast food restaurant: Requests customer order and depresses keys of POS machine to simultaneously record order and compute bill.
- Selects requested food items from serving or storage areas and assembles items on serving tray or in takeout bag.
- Notifies kitchen personnel of shortages or special orders.
- Serves cold drinks, using drink-dispensing machine, or frozen milk drinks or desserts, using milkshake or frozen custard machine.
- Makes and serves hot beverages, using automatic water heater or coffeemaker.
- Presses lids onto beverages and places beverages on serving tray or in takeout container.
- Receives payment.
- May cook or apportion fries or perform other minor duties to prepare food and serve customers
- Maintain orderly and clean eating and dining areas, as well as other facilities utilized by guests.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, or deep-fat fryers
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Take food and drink orders and receive payment from customers.
- Read food order slips or receive verbal instructions as to food required by patron, and prepare and cook food according to instructions
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour