POSITION: Part-time Cleaner
PURPOSE: The purpose of this position is to be responsible for maintaining clean and sanitary conditions at CLASS locations 125 Dufferin St S and 233 Church St.
- Empty wastepaper and recycling baskets, disposal units and remove all waste to a designed area.
- Dry mop and wash various floor surfaces; vacuum carpets, walk-off mats, chairs and furnishings.
- Dust all furniture, fixtures, telephones, Venetian blinds, etc.
- Damp wipe walls, doors, frames, furniture, desks, filing cabinets, Venetian blinds and fixtures.
- Clean glass and mirrors.
- Operate hand or power cleaning equipment such as vacuum cleaners, floor scrubbers and polishers.
- Clean and disinfect washroom fixtures, hand basins, counters, toilets, urinals, walls, exposed plumbing pipes, dispensers, metal partitions, drinking fountains, doors and frames and replenish supplies.
- Empty and disinfect all waste receptacles and disposal units.
- Wash and disinfect floors and walls as needed.
- Report inoperative and broken fixtures and equipment such as burnt out lamps, malfunctioning flush units on toilets and urinals, and inoperative cleaning equipment.
- Perform other duties consistent with the classification as assigned.
CLASS is committed to excellence in serving all stakeholders with disabilities. Applicants who are eligible to participate further in an assessment or selection process may request accommodation in relation to the materials or processes to be used. If a selected applicant requests an accommodation, CLASS will consult with the applicant and provide, or arrange for the provision of, a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Grade 10 or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must have at least 6 months prior experience in a Cleaner position.
- Knowledge of modern cleaning methods and experience in the application of cleaning products.
- Ability to perform duties without direct supervision.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Must have organizational skills.
- Ability to deal with people in a respectful manner.
- Use of hand and mechanical cleaning equipment.