40 Hours/Week Seasonal Maintenance Operator
Emcon Services Inc. is a proud Canadian based company with over 30 years of success as an
interprovincial Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractor. We currently have an opportunity for
enthusiastic individuals to join our team in the Cookstown area.
Are an experienced safety conscious Operator?
You have a Satisfactory Driver's Abstract?
Want to be home every night?
You have highway maintenance experience?
If you answered yes,we want you to join our team!
Reporting to the Patrol Supervisor,the Maintenance Operator is responsible for:
• Safe operation of all equipment associated with Plowing and Salting throughout the AMC
• Carrying out all assigned routine/non-routine winter highway maintenance operations and
activities undertaken from designated patrol centers. Work assignments will include shift
work and overtime as required.
• Performing activities such as traffic control, emergency responses, highway surface
maintenance, right-of-way maintenance (fence repair, litter pick-up, grass cutting, shrub/tree
maintenance, embankment repair, etc.), highway patrolling, shoulder maintenance/grading, during
• Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must have/be:
• Minimum DZ license in good standing;
• AZ license considered an asset;
• Experience in Provincial and or Municipal highway maintenance field;
• Helpful, friendly and courteous with the public, regulatory agencies and peers;
• Punctual and willing to work shift work;
• Physically able to meet all requirements and perform satisfactorily all highway maintenance
and emergency assignments, working in a safe and environmentally friendly manner that also
promotes cost effective operations, staff co-operation and.
The Seasonal Maintenance Operator position is a unionized role with Ontario Public Service
Employees Union Local 307.
Emcon Services has the following conditions of employment: satisfactory drug pre-screening and
Driver's Abstract. Qualified applicants are encouraged to forward their resume and covering letter
Emcon Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest,
however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Emcon Services Inc. will provide
accommodation for individuals with accessibility needs.