Summer Counsellor/Support Worker (Kingston Harbour Light)
• Co-facilitate process group, relapse prevention, life skills and aftercare
• Complete reports and statistics
• Assist with a small caseload (3-4) of clients monitored by Case Manager and Manager
• Assist with communication network (supporting clients)
• Assist in teaching classes
• Development of client centered recovery goals/ Assessment & Networking / Crisis -Conflict intervention - Record Keeping/ Discharge Planning /Aftercare follow-up / Team consultation & Decision making/ Dealing with correspondence ( email - letters - mailings) / Data entry / filing/ photocopying and other administrative duties
• Eligible for the Summer Grant program – meets all requirements of eligibility & must be over age 15 & under age 30.
• Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, and is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations. Foreign students are not eligible.
• Must have own vehicle/transportation as there is no public transit available
• Post-secondary student in Social Services field preferred
• A successful police check as per Salvation Army Policies and Procedures is required
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.